Enable Gmail as your primary mailbox so you can control all of your incoming leads from anywhere.
Follow along with this video guide.
- Log into your gmail account.
- Go to settings (cog wheel).
- Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- In “POP download” area, make sure the status reads, “Status: POP is enabled”. If not, click on “Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on” and click Save Changes.
- Next, click on “Accounts and Import”.
- Find “Check mail from other accounts:” and click on “ADD a mail account”.
- After the popup loads, add your email address and click next.
- Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” and click next.
- Insert your username, password, and click on “Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server.”
- After all information is correct, click on “Add Account”
- In the next window, you can choose to send mail as your main email account. Select Yes or no. If no, you are done!
- If yes, add/confirm all the information is correct for the server, username, and password.
- If your site isn't SSL enabled, then change your port to “25”, via the dropdown, and select “Unsecured connection”, and click next.
- Next, you'll be asked to verify your access to the account. When Gmail sends the confirmation, insert the number into the field and click “Verify”.
- Now you have access to send emails as your smartermail account.
- Finally, click on “Accounts and Import”
- Locate “Send mail as:” and select “Always reply from default address (currently firstname.lastname@example.org)”.
Now you should be able to send all emails from your SmarterMail account from Gmail!!